Old February 4th 05, 12:24 AM
Mattrixx

"dg" wrote in message
Lately I have heard discussion of which PCI slot to use for a new card. I
am just not familiar with this, I have always used whatever slot was
convenient, and honestly I have not had problems. Is there any general
rules to follow when installing new cards?

Somebody said not to use the slot right next to the AGP slot because it
shared an IRQ with the PCI slot and would not allow max performance.

Another person has said that the fastest cards should go to the bottom of
the board (furthest from the AGP) and from there on up each card should be
added in order of PCI performance needed.

Any truth to this?

Thanks,
--Dan

I always skip the PCI slot nearest the AGP slot in order to provide adequate
"breathing room" for the video card.

Matt