Old May 17th 15, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.periphs.printers
micky

Default Does old ohardware work with new oses?

On Sat, 16 May 2015 16:33:15 -0700, "Ken Blake, MVP"
wrote:

On Sat, 16 May 2015 19:26:28 -0400, micky
wrote:

Are color printers and a separate scanner, designed for win98, I think,
likely to still work with XP or later versions of Windows?

If so I would give them to a hamfest that could give them away at the
sponsor's table, or as part of the door prizes.

They are new, in the box.

(I know I could look each of them up for a specific answer, but not time
right now and the hamfest is in 8 days.)

Likely? Probably not. But the only way to be sure is to check the
manufacturer's web site to be whether Windows XP (or later) drivers
exist for it.

Boohoo. Maybe I'll have time before the next hamfest in a couple
months. It's probably bigger anyhow.

Thanks