Old March 5th 08, 03:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

Default Graphic card for Windows Server 2003

Have you ever /developped/ SERVER software ? Have ever had to debug your
software in a real situation, that is using the same OS as the customer
will
use it ? Have you ever considered working confortably on a server ?

Yes. I have, and continue to do so actually. Every day. I work in the IT
department where the primary server OS used Windows Server 2003 and SQL
server. Not that you'll likely believe that anyway, however...if your're
trying to emulate end user and client servers to debug your code by
installing Windows Server 2003 ask yourself this question: How many clients
/ businesses have you ever seen in your life that run Windows Server 2003 on
a non-dedicated server? And how many clients have you got that use non-m/b
embedded video cards in their servers? And if client emulation is your
goal, why are not running your OS on an actual server and server board? The
board you mention has no RAID, no ECC memory, no Xeon support, etc. The
embedded IGMA 950 graphics supports up to 2048x1536. I've lost count of the
number of Windows Server 2000 and 2003 reisntalls I've done, and finding a
proper graphics driver has never been an issue.