Old March 5th 08, 12:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Francois PIETTE

Default Graphic card for Windows Server 2003

I need to buy a graphic card suitable for Windows Server 2003 R2
Standard
Edition 32 bits.

The computer based on on an Intel D945GCNL mainboard will be used for
software development.

I think I see your problem.......do you know what the purpose of Windows
Server 2003 is? Why would you want to convert it to a workstation?

I don't like the way you answer and assume I'm an idiot. I perfectly know
what a server is and what a workstation is.

Have you ever /developped/ SERVER software ? Have ever had to debug your
software in a real situation, that is using the same OS as the customer will
use it ? Have you ever considered working confortably on a server ?

Any card will do.

Actually not. Altough you may use driver suitable for XP, you have an issue
with certification. The driver /may/ work, actually it looks like it is
working. But it has not been /certified/ for the OS. Do you know what
certification means ?

http://www.overbyte.be