Old June 30th 03, 08:49 AM
Tomasz Malerczyk

Default crashing games

hello

i need some advice

i have xp2000 A running at 10x166 v1.72 and it work fine for 4 months
but few days a go i discovered that some of my games starting to crash
at random moments

after few test and investigation i set cpu to it default settings 12.5x133
v1.66
and no more crashing
also setting it to 9x166 v.1.72 is stable

now the question. is this cpu have no more power and no longer can be
overclocked
or i need to rise vcore more to make it stable again. if so how long it can
work until
i need to rise it again and it is worth to torture it in this way?

now some numbers :-)
temp:
system temp = 31C
12.5x133 = idle 44C busy 51C
10x166 = idle 47C busy 56C

so this doesnt look like temp problem (in my opinion)

also tested with prime 6h without error when i first overclocked it
and few days ago it runs over 1h prime and also nothing

ane ideas or sugestions?

thanks
Tomek