Old September 21st 04, 09:07 PM
Bioboffin

"Karen Parker" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:02:44 +0100, "Richard Dower"

wrote:

"Bioboffin" wrote in message

Not with a GA-8KNXP - just reflash from the backup BIOS. :-)

John.

True, but once you have flashed and the BIOS are stable you should flash
both the main and backup BIOS to the same version.

In the above scenario, wrong BIOS flash, you would boot from the backup
BIOS
and then flash the main BIOS to the same version as your backup.

NOT NEEDED..

Sorry? Please feel free to expand further... :-)

Like how would you recover from a failed BIOS flash without using the
incredibly useful Gigabyte backup BIOS?

Incidentally we do know how to flash a BIOS (after all we have read and
carried out your reccommendation), but just occasionally it fails - e.g.
because the mains electricity turns off or glitches - so your recommendation
repeated several times about how to do a BIOS flash still is of no help.

John.