Old April 6th 07, 04:42 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

Default Audio device missing after Vista to XP install

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:19:32 -0400, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

"Passman" wrote in message
m...
Hello, I have a Dell XPS 410 that came with Vista installed. I
uninstalled Vista and installed Windows XP Home Addition. After the
install of XP the onboard audio device isn't listed. I've installed
"R130391.EXE" from Dells website but still nothing. Any ideas how I can
get my sound back?

Thanks

Does your 410 have integrated audio? If so, you want:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R124105.EXE

I can't even figure out what R130391 is.

Tom

Yes -- that's the driver for my 410 w integrated audio. Here's a
description in addition to Tom's link (not sure why they say it's
optional):

Release Title: Audio: SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio, Driver,
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows XP x64, Multi Language, Multi
System, v.5.10.0.4991, A07
Release Date: 7/25/2006
Criticality: Optional