Old April 6th 07, 04:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

Default Audio device missing after Vista to XP install

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:01:11 -0400, "Passman"
wrote:

Hello, I have a Dell XPS 410 that came with Vista installed. I uninstalled
Vista and installed Windows XP Home Addition. After the install of XP the
onboard audio device isn't listed. I've installed "R130391.EXE" from Dells
website but still nothing. Any ideas how I can get my sound back?

Thanks

First question -- what kind of audio is installed on your PC? And
what is the "R130391.EXE" for?

I see a lot of audio drivers out there, but I can't find any that have
the executable you mentioned.

(for my XPS 410 I bought an external Soundblaster USB and it works
great)