Old June 22nd 03, 04:15 PM
Tom Dauphin

Just wanted to add I think there's an issue with the Via/Nvidia drivers -
Must make sure to load or reload the Nvidia drivers AFTER loading the Via
drivers...
"Blaedmon" wrote in message
i had similar problems - try these things if u havent already:
1. latest hyperian 4-in-1 VIA drivers. grab em.
2. set your aperture to 64 - anything else is useless with the gf4ti4600
since its already using 128ddr of its own.
3. try 3dguru.com and grab the 'nvhardpage' program - see what it can see.
4. move your soundcard to pci slot 2 (or anything besides pci slot 1 which
is next to agp)
5. email chuck norris, demanding he investigate this evil.
6. check your audigy drivers - i remember there being issues with that
particular card. Putting it plainly, its an uncooperative headstrong
*******.
7. good luck.

"24 Carrot Balla" wrote in message
Okay i'm just trying to diagnose this little problem setup by step.

Okay I have a Tyan Tiger 230T 2507T Dual Pentium Board that I'm running

with
Dual Pentium III 1.2Ghz 133mhz chips, and I'm Running Windows XP Pro

Retail,
I have 1.2GB of PC133 memory in the computer. And if it matters I have

Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum in it.

Well my problem is when I I try to enabled the AGP 4x with an AGP

Apeture
of
any kind with my Geforce 4 Ti 4600 card, and I try to run any type of

game
that would use the Direct3D, Windows locks up :-O. I have DirectX 9 I

think
too. It doesn't want to behave until I knock the AGP down to 2X, and

that's
no fun..

So would that be my motherboard, the fact I don't have DDR memory, or

what.
It's a MSI Geforce4, and I had the utility get the newest drivers, and
everything on the driver descriptors is at 6.14.10.4403. I'm confused.

Help
me if you can.