Old September 26th 04, 12:55 PM
Seaking

Default A7N8DX sound drivers sucks

When I was trying to get my MoBo to work with a new serial ATA drive
(problem still not resolved) I updated and upgraded a lot of my
drivers and bios etc and ended up with a system I don't like as much
as I did on the old drivers.

In particular is the sound drivers. Eww.. What ever I had before was a
lot better than it is now. I updated the combined nVidia drivers which
also included the sound driver and now have Audio Driver 4.42..

Issues at hand are that BF1942 games and modes audio drop out after
some game play, Most importantly is that I listen to WinAmp streaming
music while I work at home and now the audio is limited to the front
channel audio and nothing out of the rear speakers while before it was
all 5.1 speakers pumping out tunes. And now, WinAmp will cease to
stream after a while until I reboot the system.

Question: How can I roll back JUST the audio driver so I can go back
to something not as new? And where can I find these drivers? WinXP is
the OS..

It's quite annoying right now.. argh..

"If it's not broken don't fix it"

Thanks in advance!