Old September 13th 04, 06:38 PM

Default ATI 9600Pro in a P4P800E Deluxe Help.

Hi

I am hoping that someone can help. I am hainvg all sorts of Problems with my
gfx card. It is a Link3D 9600Pro. I'll give a quick overview of what I am
running in my box before I start:

ASUS P4P800E Deluxe (BIOS 1002) with 3.2Ghz Prescott P4
1024Mb Corsair TwinX XMS RAM
36Gb Raptor, 80Gb Maxtor, 120Gb WD
Link3D 9600Pro
19" LCD Screen
Various CDR/DVD's, floppy etc
WinXP SP2 (slipstreamed install)

The problems are as follows

1) When I boot up, the ASUS logo and the WinXP have dashed lines running
thru them from top to bottom of the screen with each set of lines being
about 1.5 - 2 cm apart, all the way across the screen, once in windows
things seem ok, i.e. no dashed lines.

2) When I ran UT2004, the Nvidia logo at the start was all crupted, and in
the game there was a chequred pattern of horizontal lines over parts of the
scenary. This chequred pattern also appeared in WWIII Black Gold, in the
start up video and during game play as well. During playing old UT there
were a large amout of artifacts, abit very small ones all over the place.

3) I am unable to load Halo due to Halo failing to start up Direct3D, and
asking me to look at the DirectX setting in DXDIAG, all seemed fine, but
when doing the Direct3D tests I got the chequred pattern on the spinning box
that it displays.

4) Lots of driver issues. I have tried the latest Catalyst and Omega
drivers. After restarting the machine the display goes crupt (large amounts
of black, with the odd bit of a window here and there) after several
restarts, all I get is a black screen as soon as I get past the WinXP
screen. With the omega drivers I eventually ended up with a pink and blue
screen, half of each I am now running with the drivers that came with XP
SP2, which at least allow me to use the computer for work.

I have also tried the display with my old CRT and still had the same
problems, so it is not the monitor

I can't think of anymore information to provide.

Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions.

TIA

Rik