Old August 25th 05, 06:38 PM
Digideus

Default My PC wont enable Direct3d?????

Hi all,

I have an older PC with a P3 500 processor running in a Biostar M6VBE
motherboard, which I believe runs up to AGPx2. Its running Windows 98
SE, has all the latest updates from Windows Update. I am running what
I believe to be the latest Bios patch as well.

I originally ran an ATI Rage128 GFX card and was very happy with it.
Unfortunately I had to remove the card and replaced it with a cheap
Nvidia GEForce2 MX440 SE.

This seemed to work fine until I tried to run Star Trek: Armada II.
Ever since this I cannot enable Direct3d. Even though DXDIAG says its
enabled, I get errors when I try to test it, namely....

Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device):
HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code)
Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device):
HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device):
HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)

I tried removing everything, replacded the card for a FX5200 and
reinstalled the latest Forceware drivers from the Nvidia site and
DirectX 9.0c. but I still get the same errors.

I remove the forceware driver, reinstall the ATI card and driver and
Direct3d works again!!!!

I reversed the process and it doesnt work.

I KNOW the FX5200 supports Direct3d, and DXDIAG says its enabled, so
why cant I run the direct3d tests without the errors?

Anyone?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia...pict61062.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=308273