Old August 16th 05, 07:22 PM
Jason Arthurs

Default 256Mb EDO DIMMs - Are they faster than lower capacity ones?

My ever expanding Proliant 3000 now has a gig of memory (still running
Memtest86 on it) and the transfer rate is about 7Mb/sec faster than
the motley selection of 32Mb DIMMs I had in it before.

Are the 256Mb DIMMs faster? I'm assuming that if I mix any of the old
RAM back in the transfer speed will drop to the lowest common
denominator?

Quite chuffed really as I'm sad to say I've never had a machine with a
gig of RAM before. Even my XP2500+ desktop runs quite happy on
512Mb...

Regards,
Jason.

---
Replace nntp with my name to reply.
N0 5pAm H3r3: Include this tagline to pass my spam filter.