Old June 21st 07, 07:59 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

Default Need help with an Armada M700 laptop

You prepare bootable media, either floppy or CD, and boot from it. You will
never see the "line of bars fill out", because Windows itself will never start
up.

I strongly agree with Paul's suspicion that the hard drive is defective.
Happened to my wife's notebook last night. Now I've reloaded Windows and I have
to scavenge her data from the defective hard drive... Ben Myers

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:46:36 GMT, "Robert Smith"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
On Jun 19, 2:06 pm, "Robert Smith"
wrote:
Hi folks,

My other laptop, captioned above crashed, and now all I get is the boot
up
processing looping. As soon as the line of bars fills out, to where
Windows
would show, it goes back to the initial boot up screen.

F8 doesn't work, as soon as I select any of the options - of Safe - Safe
w/networking and so on, it boots up and then it starts looping again.

Any other suggestions before I have to take it to the shop and spend $$$?

TIA

Sounds like a bad hard drive. I would download the drive
manufacturer's diagnostics.

Seatools form seagate will do if you can't find the one for your
drive.

Question. Even if I download the program from Seagate, how would I do
diagnostics on the other laptop, when all it does when it's on is loop
through the start up process.