Old July 16th 03, 04:38 PM
chainbreaker

Yoshi Yakaura wrote:
On , Adam Selene quilled:

Nice theory, but I bet you might get the exact same results if you
had simply just reinstalled all the creative drivers as they were...

It's a common enough problem - Always install sound drivers last.
Always install Video drivers first, always reinstall sound drivers
after reinstalling or upgrading video drivers.

I'm not disputing your theory - you may in fact be correct, But
It's possible that it's just a case of video drivers being installed
after sound drivers.

As for Why - I have no idea. But every case of stuttering I have
ever encountered (quite a few) has always been solved by simply
following that simple ordering...

Always install sound drivers last. Always install Video drivers
first, always reinstall sound drivers after reinstalling or
upgrading video drivers.

Well, if your theory is correct then you would have to always
reinstall the soundcard drivers after trying new video drivers. Nope,
that ain't gonna happen here. If you owned an Audigy2 you would
understand why I say that. This issue only showed up with 44.xx and
later drivers. Using 43.45 right now with no problems showing yet.

Everything on my system was working fine. The Audigy 2 and the 44.xx
drivers were coexisting quite nicely, UNTIL I downloaded and installed the
latest Audigy 2 drivers. Then everything promptly went to hell in a
handbasket--stutterings, game slowdowns, improper saves, system crashes,
etc., including the dreaded blue-screen shutdown where I was warned that a
ct* something-or-other file was at the root of the problem.

I purged the new Audigy 2 drivers I downloaded (I hope) and reinstalled the
old ones. So far, so good, but only time will tell for sure.
--
chainbreaker-who doesn't understand why Creative feels the need to pack 10
pounds of crap in a 5-pound driver basket