Old July 14th 03, 07:57 PM
Roger

Default Regarding Audigy2+44.xx drivers=bus hogging

I have done some experimenting and have found out that by uninstalling the
latest Creative Audigy2 drivers and then installing just the drivers (didn't
install anything else except the base drivers) that came on the Audigy2
installation cdrom you can run any version of the Nvidia drivers and not get
any stuttering sound on boot up. I was getting a bit of stuttering engine
sound when driving tanks in BF:1942 but that has gone too now. I guess new
is not always better and it looks to me like both Nvidia and Creative are
trying to tweak the last drop of performance out of their cards to the point
that they are causing bus hogging issues.

Old Creative drivers + New Nvidia drivers = good