Old October 24th 03, 08:18 PM
Shepİ

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:00:10 GMT, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "JAD"
wrote :

mother board manual and check to see what voltage your MB delivers to the AGP

Reseat the card....make sure it 'pops' into place.
Did you fully get rid of the prior nvidia drivers(for later when you actually get to the desktop, so as not to have two different
problems)?

As Jad says.Make sure the card,"Clicks"into place unlike PCI cards
that just slide.
Go here and get a Detonator driver remover,
http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/
Also check the Control panel/Add Remove Programs list for nay
reference to the Nvidia card.
Also install the free Startup Control Panel,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/startup.html
and remove any startup entries for the Nvidia.
Then boot to Safemode and check the Device Manager as per,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/drivers.html
and use the supplied video card drivers and also have you updated your
DirectX?

HTH

"John M" wrote in message ...
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:07:05 GMT, "JAD" wrote:

do you have any weird video settings in bios fastwrites etc?

I don't have fastwrite at all in my BIOS.

was this the original vid card? did you have integrated video prior? did you disable it?

I had a Gefoce 2 MX-400 before. There is no onboard gfx.

what have you set the AGP aperture to?
4X AGP? what voltage to the AGP slot?

The board only allows 2X AGP. I've no idea of the voltage I have no
settings in the BIOS.

How's your PSU?

I have a 350W PSU.

do you ever get to the desktop? did you upgrade and not UN install the drivers for the prior card?

I never get to the desktop, it always crashes at some part of the
post. Sometimes it does start to load windows, but then crashs halfway
through. Most of the time, it just freezes well before that, or it
changes the colours of certain parts of the post then freezes.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
It's a G not a J in gmx for email