Old February 25th 18, 08:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Upgrading graphic card for Dell Optiplex 7010 mini tower runningWindows 7 64 bit

Thanks Paul,

On 2/24/2018 3:02 AM, Paul wrote:
Paul wrote:

"AMD Eyefinity"
"NVidia Surround"

Now, something I forgot to check, is whether the 1050
actually lists Surround as a feature (oops). It's not on the
PHY web page. Hmmm.

I suspect this page isn't up-to-date.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/tec...supported-gpus

The "surround configuration tool" does not respond to a selection
of 1050 and single GPU.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/tec...m-requirements

The tool does respond if you select a 1060. This is the info for a
single 1060.

Orientation: Landscape

Accessory Display: Yes, no additional GPU (if using 3 or less
displays)

Maximum Resolution: 11520x2160

Maximum Resolution (Bezel Correction): 10240x1600

Maximum number of displays: 2-4 in Surround,
1 Accessory Display when
using 3 or less displays in Surround

The card comes in 3GB and 6GB versions. This is possibly
the one my computer store has "10+" of. The expensive one.

https://www.pny.com/geforce-gtx-1060-3gb

I can't really tell you whether three independent displays would work
on the 1050. It sounds like a violation of the logical display channels
thing. But good documentation on what's behind the crossbar today,
is pretty hard to find. The last AMD picture I have is from the
HD1000 era. I don't know if NVidia even makes an architecture
picture like that for us.

You could run two 1050 cards in non-SLI, but I can't guarantee
the three monitors will update on the same frame boundary.

As long as it works reasonably, it should be fine. It is for monitoring
temperatures of boilers and chillers.

As for "where did the AMD Vega cards go", Apple came out with
an AIO machine recently, and I think that had a Vega in it.
And they may have got the entire allocation of GPUs or something.
While it's possible coin miners got them, they're "vastly absent"
from the market. I don't think you can get a Frontier one either
(16GB).

Paul

Your advice and support is appreciated. You are a GREAT asset to this
newsgroup!