Old May 13th 08, 02:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Default 8800GT cards too thick!?

wrote:
I've got a couple of ASUS 8800GT PCIe 512Mb graphics cards on my Asus
P5N-D motherboard. However I didn't realize that they were too thick
to be SLI-ed together! I could insert them alright, but there is only
about 0.5cm distance between the fan of the card on top and the back
of the card at the bottom. I think the heat is going to be a
problem...

Am I the only one who's having this problem?

Not at all, the spacing between slots varies from motherboard to
motherboard and geforces come in odd sizes.

If heat is a problem, airflow helps and a 120MM fan blowing twixt the
two will prevent most problems.

Ever see cases with fans in the side panel? That's one way, another is
hanging the fan at the end of the cards and blowing the air towards the
back.