Old January 10th 07, 02:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

Default Rebuilding a Dell 2300 ... keeps shutting down during Windows installation

"Jay B" wrote in message
sounds like overheating due to heatsink not tightly attached to cpu.
watche the lights in the back, do they all turn solid green
beforecrashing? what are the lights in the back after the system crashes?
could also be bad hard drive driver loaded.
did you try safe mode?

I favor the overheating idea, as those heatsinks must be flush and the clips
snapped tight. However, I didn't note the OP had done anything at all to the
CPU, so that might not be it.

Could be the new(er) power supplies. Does the original PS still work by any
chance? If so, try it.

Could be any of the new drives. I'd disconnect all unneeded drives from both
data and power, remove any cards and try a minimal boot to start.......

Stew