Old January 24th 05, 05:42 AM

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:28:19 -0800, "jtsnow" wrote:

We had a PC upgraded and they put 2 exhaust fans in. Its in a bedroom and
kinda of loud. I think there is on on the CPU too. Are there quieter fans
one can obtain or other quieter techniques for cooling. If so, I would
appreciated any tips or hints to websites that would carry this sort of
gear.

thank you

Yeah usually you put larger slower RPM fans than the ones you have.
A trend now is putting a HUGE fan - only one in the back below the PS
- I think 120mm or bigger maybe , rather than two smaller 80mm ones.
You can also pay much more for special fans which specialty quiet PC
places sell at least in the past.

I was also at compusa and saw a fanless PS by Antec , had that kind
of metal grating with holes all over it as the casing for the PS and
was only 300 watts though.