Old August 9th 03, 02:37 PM
santa

RB,
A 30 BG drive is worth next to nothing even new. The data may be saved by
rebuilding or special recovery techniques/tools but you normally only do
that if the data is worth 10s of thousands cause it costs somewhere in the
thousands to rebuild drive and/or save data. Get yourself a video on how
HDDs are built. Most of it except maybe putting it in the box and loading
on the truck is done by robots. The people that work the lines are largely
unskilled labour and not trained to detect problems
I don't know or want to know what's on the drive but if it doesn't work and
it isn't a fault like cables or power or software take a large hammer, apply
severely to the drive, throw it away and buy a new one. Oh yes just to be
sure apply fire to the old drive till it starts to smoke and melt.

claus

"RB" wrote in message ...
: }}} You've posted this what, three times now? It's getting old. {{{
:
: No. Each one is different. I'm on a learning curve as to what the
options
: are. Each post is asking something a little different.
:
: }}} Try eBay for the same model of your hard drive. That's about your
only
: option. {{{
:
: I was hoping there are online vendors who sell OEM or used stuff.
: Apparently not, though. I couldn't find any. I also hoped there were
: companies who specialize in rebuilding hard drives. Coun't find any of
: those either.
:
:
: