Old February 6th 04, 05:10 AM
CBFalconer

I have a Gateway Athlon 700 with 584MB of memory. 1 256MB SDRAM chip
with ECC, 2 128MB chips, non ECC. Got 2 256MB SpecTek Non ECC chips
from my brother from his old computer. Replaced the 2 128 chips with
the 2 256MB chips, figuring no problems would occur. Lo and behold,
boot the system up and get: ... snip ...

If you have any system with ECC capability, you should ensure ALL
your memory is ECC memory. The ECC corrections won't work
otherwise. The few extra dollars will give you a reliable memory
system.

BTW, the numbers you posted indicate you have 512 M mounted now,
not 584.

--
Chuck F ) )
http://cbfalconer.home.att.net USE worldnet address!