Old December 18th 05, 10:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Leadtek AGP 6600GT VGA only fault

Conor wrote:
In article , 4wd says...
Hi all, I've got a friend who has the above card which will only run XP
in VGA only.

Any other mode causes the monitor to display invalid sync and shutdown.

When the machine first boots up the POST screen characters are garbled,
the only recognisable ones being w,m and v (possibly a couple of others.

Card BIOS has been reflashed with BIOS from the Leadtek site, no change.

Computer BIOS display is also garbled.

The card has been tried in different PCs with different monitors, no
difference.

Anyone got any ideas?

Need more system details, specifically the motherboard model.

Two different systems with EPoX 8RDA3+ and ASUS A7N Deluxe, different
CPUs, different RAM, different HDs, different PSUs.

It has been working fine on the 8RDA3+ until it went haywire, (the BIOS
on the 8RDA3+ was also reflashed for testing).

The only thing the two systems have in common, (besides this graphics
card), is they are nForce 2, (the EPoX is actually NF2U400, the ASUS is
original NF2). The systems are also 200kms apart which removes power
issues locally.

Other graphics cards also work fine on the same systems.

It seems more than likely it's a graphics card hardware/firmware problem
but after reflashing the card and no change, we've kind of run out of ideas.

Thanks,
Dave