Old April 23rd 04, 02:49 PM
Andrew J

got a newish dell dimension 4500 in that was knocked out by a
lightning strike......i got the job of disposing of the box

the mobo is definitely dead but all the majors, hd, both cd drives,
floppy ram and video board are ok...havent tested the modem and s/card
as yet but s/card prolly ok......modem i expect to be fried .....

i could sell it at a very low price [with a statement as to its
origin], use it as a testing station or maybe hire it out as a fill in
for people who cant do without a computer........

what would opinion be on putting it back into service for the above
applications.....
thanks for any and all replies

relloman
relloman

You can depend on the case only. Since PC parts that work one day and
not the next are a nightmare, destroy them. Got a PC hit by lightning,
just barely. No burned marks and almost got into Windows. Put the
drive on my desktop to get data off as a favor. It completely hosed my
drive with 35GB of data on it.