Old February 21st 18, 05:04 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Upgrading graphic card for Dell Optiplex 7010 mini tower runningWindows 7 64 bit

The current graphic card is AMD Firepro 4800
https://www.amd.com/Documents/ati-fi...-datasheet.pdf

It was working OK till now, but now we are seeing many lines on the
desktop and lot of things are like redacted text.

I updated the graphic card driver to the latest one from
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...s-drivers.aspx
which fixed the issue for a day, then the lines started appearing again.

It had a couple of Blue Screen of Death crashes. I looked at the crash
dump files and the issue was Atikmdag.sys. I updated the driver for AMD
Firepro 4800, but the issue persists.

The user claims no new hardware/software was installed in last few
months. The operating system is Windows 7 64 bit and the graphic card is
supporting two Dell P2213 monitors and a NEC MultiSync V463 for past 2-3
years. The operating system has the required Windows patches and the
workstation is running 24 X 7. It is used as the front end to view
heating/cooling devices in nearby buildings. It has 8GB RAM and Resource
monitor did not have any unusual load.

I did a anti-virus scan, but did not find any malware. I checked for
device conflicts in Device manager, but did not find any.

1. What could be causing the issues?

2. Can upgrading the graphic card resolve it? If so, would Nvidia Quadro
K1200 Low Power, Low Profile or EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0,
8GB GDDR5 or GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 work for such a situation?

Any suggestions would be helpful.