Old April 2nd 17, 07:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default I've a pain in the between a plus

AMD2, AMD2+, AMD3, and AMD+

I like this MB
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16813128565

Only I'm then out of my present CPU ...
AMD Phenom X4 9550 2.2 GHz Quad-Core HD9550WCJ4BGH
if I get it. By a hair's width -- the Big Plus difference between a
socket 2+ and 3.

I can't believe how well that 9550 still stacks up on Dollar Cost
Averaging clock cycles. Wish I could sit tight on that, with the
newer MB for addressing somewhat higher MB temps, I'm getting, as an
excuse to update to another GB MB;...sit and wait for even possibly an
8-core Vishnu to drop to what the 9550 cost me used on Ebay - $29US.

(The higher MB temps can range from 130F, average, to 150F on higher
quality encodes, or similarly with all cores engaged balls-to-the-wall
batched, say, and streamed to processing vast quantities of MP3s.)

Excepting cake and icing don't apparently mix well in the Plus scheme
of socket recipes. And a damned good CPU I'd want, (aside from
drooling over the next best thing to a Ryzen, a Bulldozer 3+ Vishnu
8-core, so effectively another quad), probably isn't $30 cheapo at
all, but more like $50+ bucks (Ebay used/pulls).

Oh woe and for suffering and a fancy case of ants in pants. Aside
from MB temps, where push comes to shove, even with a Ryzen I might
only gain anywhere from a 4 to 8 factor of improved computational
force - in a worst case scenario on an 65-watt (Bulldozer) octal
platform.