Old September 25th 03, 05:58 AM
Euc1id

There are several possible causes, and several possible ways to correct the
problem. First the cause must be diagnosed. To do that requires quite a bit
of information about your computer, and what software you are running. If
your computer is still under warranty, you would do well to ask Compaq tech
support for help.

In a nutshell, assuming there isn't some kind of serious software or
hardware malfunction, the usual reason is that you don't have enough memory
installed to handle the software you are running. So adding more memory has
a good chance of helping, if you only have a small amount of memory
installed now.

How much installed memory do you have?
What software are you running?
--
Euc1id

"casdon" wrote in message
m...
I have a Compaq Presario s4000nx-cel and I get msgs about low virtual
memory and I have not install any software any hints/ answers as to
how to correct this and has anyone else run into this problem?.Casdon