Old October 7th 04, 09:10 PM
Jason Gallas

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:55:12 -0700, "CapFusion"
wrote:

:
:"Jason Gallas" wrote in message
.. .
: On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:40:51 -0700, "CapFusion"
: wrote:
:
: :
: :"Jason Gallas" wrote in message
: .. .
: :I have upgraded my video card from a PNY GeForce FX 5500 to a PNY
: : GeForce FX 5900. I just took the old card out, put the new one in and
: : booted up. I then re-installed the 61.77 drivers from Nvidia's
: : website.
: :
: : Now my system flashes to black every now and then. I did a google
: : search and a website suggested completely uninstalling the old driver
: : in safe mode and then rebooting and installing cleanly. They also
: : mentioned a utility to uninstall.
: :
: : Is there such a thing for Nvidia cards, and if not what is the best
: : procedure for this? Also, could these problems with the screen
: : flashing black be caused by something else?
: :
: :
: :Try unisntall and or use DriverCleaner -
: :http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/
: :
: :When you uninstall from Add/Remove Program, make sure you remove
: everything
: :when prompt.
: :
: :I do not understand your last paragraph.
: :****
: : Is there such a thing for Nvidia cards, and if not what is the best
: : procedure for this? Also, could these problems with the screen
: : flashing black be caused by something else?
:
: What I meant was, is there an uninstall utility specifically for
: Nvidia cards. I suppose it dosen't matter because there is a driver
: cleaner available that will work on Nvidia and other cards.
:
: I was wondering if the screen flashing could be a result of something
: else I missed in the configuration of my machine.
:
:
:Again, did you try uninstall or use DriverCleaner and see if this problem
:remain?
:To verify if it a hardware issue, you can try putting onto another PC and
:see if have the same problem.

Not yet, at work now...will try this evening