Old August 16th 03, 06:08 PM
Jerome Morrow

Default Noisy start - Geforce fan screams at startup IT Depot Carlton Victoria Melbourne Australia

Hi,

Wondering whether some of you can help? I have an ASUS Geforce4Ti4800 card;
replacing a gf2mx on a perfectly working PIII800 system 500mbRAM, ASUS
motherboard, etc.

When I first turn on my computer in the morning (or after the computer has
been switched off for over 50 minutes) - the ASUS Geforce4Ti fan howls like
crazy for a few minutes. It sounds like a motorcycle engine being revved at
6000rpm without oil.

It quietens down after awhile - I checked and the fan is still working.

I returned it to the shop IT Depot, Carlton, Victoria and they sent it back
to ASUS Australia to get it fixed - they (claimed to have) replaced the fan.

I fixed it back to the computer - but the problem is still there. I
contacted ASUS when the problem first occured but they have NOT replied
back.

The fan doesn't scream or howl if the computer has only been turned off for
5 - 15 minutes or so though.

Is there a problem?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

JM

--
Chopin: Etude for piano No. 3 in E major ('Tristesse' / 'L'intimité') Op.