Old August 1st 04, 11:39 AM
OCZ Guy

Ive got one of those Zalman Heatpipe coolers on my 9600 Pro, ill just
switch that over and add the optinal fan

I can get the X800 Pro for like 680 Aussie Dollars, i still see 9800
pros for that price as well as XT's ???? don't know whats going on
their.

I would like to ride the bleeding edge for a while too just want doom
3 and halflife 2 to be as good visualy as they can be and any game
in a few years as well

Thanks.

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 11:24 +0100 (BST),
(Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

In article ,
(OCZ Guy) wrote:

IVe got a Barton Mobile 2500 runing at 2.5ghz, would i be wasteing a
X800Pro or XT on this CPU

I run a Barton 2500 at about 2.3GHz and was recently lucky enough to move
from 9700Pro to x800. The 9700Pro was (still is!) a great card. But the
x800Pro shines very well on this PC. It doesn't add any features, but
it's pretty much twice as fast across all benchmarks. I can run fps games
at stupidly high fps with fsaa now, and in flight sims -- where fsaa
matters most -- it's just stunning to have the combination of high res and
fsaa. I certainly don't regret the purchase and feel fortunate that this
year I'm in a position to surf the bleeding edge of technology a little.
The view's quite nice from here.

Just wish I could afford to surf the bleeding edge of housing or car
technology as well :-)

Anyway, if I was on a budget today I would go straight out and buy a
9800Pro. Superb value for money, especially if you fit a really good
cooler (preferably something like the Arctic VGA Silencer which vents the
considerable heat out of the case) and push the clocks. The XT is
overpriced IMO. If you think about spending that much you might as well go
for the x800Pro.

Andrew McP

HELLO NURSE.