Old October 28th 03, 02:18 PM
Skid

Make sure you scrub all traces of the Nvidia drivers and software from the
system before you put the ATI card back in. (Uninstall all the ATI stuff,
too, before you put it back on, and get rid of those Interact and Intervid
toy players.) Conflicts with all those unneeded files may well have caused
your problems in the first place.

P.S., Once you have it set up right, you'll see there is no comparison.
Image quality, gameplay and DVD playback are all MUCH better on a Radeon
8500 than a TNT 64. I made the same switch and never looked back.

"Steve" wrote in message
ink.net...
Upgraded to Catalyst 3.8 and MMC 8.7 and no difference.
Removed all ATI s/w and put my old Nvida TNT 64 display card back in.

Everything works perfectly! Even WMP, Interactual, Intervideo play DVD's
perfectly now.

Will reinstall 8500DV again, put in orig s/w and see what happens. If
problem returns, then
looks like the 8500DV card itself is the culprit. Still under warranty,
going back to ATI.

--
Steve
"Massimo Rosen" wrote in message
Hi,

Steve wrote:

Noticed I can't play any DVDs. Commercial or home made.
PC does hard reboot right after DVD's play, within 3 seconds. Doesn't
matter if its Windows Media Player, Interactual, Intervideo playeretc.

Neither Windows Media Player nor the Interactual stuff (if it's the one
that came from a normal DVD, not the one you have to buy) are DVD
players. They're just different frontends to your default DVD player in
your system. So, which is your default full featured DVD player?

CU,
Massimo