Old September 8th 03, 12:33 AM
Bratboy

....or you can get the Saphhire OEM ATI 9800 np for less at newegg, flash its
bios to pro's and you have a pro from all reports. Have np here but not
ready to flash it yet. Figure use it a while at default to break it in so to
speak then oc when needed

"slowdown" wrote in message
You can get a 9800 Pro for the same price as the 5900.

"Thomas" wrote in message
MheAd wrote:
Hello!
I'm planning to buy a powerfull graphic card, which I'm exclusively
intending to use for fast gaming.
I need a card that is very good at 'AA' and other stuff.

So, my question is: Which of these two cards is supposed to be faster
- Radeon 9700 PRO or GF FX 5900 (note: NOT "ultra" version)?

Especially with DX90 support, and FSAA quality, the Radeon will be

superior.
But since the 9700 Pro and the 9800 (non pro) are (about) the same

price,
and equal in speed, it might be an idea to take that card under
consideration...

Thomas