Old April 14th 04, 12:46 AM
Paul

In article , Stephan Grossklass
wrote:

Mario schrieb:

Hello,

I have a brand new motherboard ASUS P4S800-MX with a celeron 2000

Can you please tell me what is the minimun needed devices to be
connected to the motherboard in order to test it ?

* PSU
* CPU (w/ cooler)
* PC speaker (unless onboard)
* momentary power switch (or at least a screwdriver)
* preferably RAM and graphics card (otherwise all you'll get is beeps)

Off course powersupply needs to be connected. The LED goes green onthe
motherboard

But the cpu fan doesnt start , there is no beep whatsoever and no
video image, what may be wrong ?

Power switch connected correctly?

Stephan

Is the 2x2 ATX 12V connector connected to your power supply ?
That connector is right next to the ATX 20 pin connector,
and you need a power supply with that connector for the
motherboard to work properly.

Paul