Old November 19th 03, 12:38 PM
BG250

Seems to be a universal prob. I have a couple of brand new Dell laptops
(WinXP) and an older HP Pavilion laptop (Win2000). Sometimes they don't
recover from standby and funky looking scrambled images show on the screen,
but it is locked up tight. I disabled the mode.
bg

"Mark A. Smith" wrote in message
I have the same problem.

Neither Hibernate or standby work. They worked before, then stopped

working.
I would like to get them working again (slackers!!). I will be following
this thread.

"xtz" wrote in message
or maybe it doesn't even go there... it seems like it does a power off

when
I press standby... sometimes, when its on standby, and I press power

button
to return to windows, I get the desktop screen without any icons and
everything freezes.. I have to reset the computer.

can someone tell me whats happening please? thanks.