Old August 6th 03, 06:22 PM
Mark

No, I'm using the right update(s) for the A7V8X-X board. I have the
full-featured A7V8X in another machine and the EZ update worked fine
from BIOS v. 1010 to v. 1012 on that one. Guess I'll try the
old-fashioned method...

Patrick Phillips wrote in message ...
In article ,
says...
Searched through the postings, but haven't found this one yet:

When I attempt to update the 1003 BIOS on my A7V8X-X using EZ Update,
I get an error message right after the update program reads the new
BIOS file from the floppy. Something about not "matching the
onboard", then "press any key to reboot" which aborts the update
leaving old 1003 BIOS untouched. I've tried 1004, 1005, and even 1006
beta with the same result. Also tried removing Supervisor password
from BIOS first - no change. What gives?

Hi, I agree with Ben, sounds like you have wrong BIOS file meant for a
A7V8X board rather than the A7V8X-X

Don't feel bad I almost d/l wrong file myself