Old November 2nd 06, 03:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DRS

Default Downloading NVidia Drivers problem

"Edward Diener No Spam" wrote in
message k.net
Attempting to download the latest NVidia drivers for my GE6200 GPU
from http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.47.html always meets
with an error saying that the server has disconnected the download
after a fairly short while. It fails whether or not I use FireFox or
IE. Does anybody know why this is happening and how I can get the
latest drivers ?

I use GetRight to download the Nvidia drivers. The only trick is when
you're on the http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.47.html page (or
equivalent), disable GetRight's click monitoring before clicking on one of
the download links. When the licence agreement page pops up reenable it and
away you go. You can throttle back a download manager so it doesn't use all
your bandwidth and it will autoresume a broken download. It makes
downloading large files almost painless.