Old August 23rd 03, 03:11 AM
Dragon

"Henry Mortimer" wrote in message
I searched for a FX5900 Ultra card on pricewatch and ran into the
following Gainward card labeled as follows: Gainward Ultra/760 GeForce
FX5600 128MB 8X Retail. I bought the card and as I waited for it, searched
online to try and determine its clock/memory speeds. I found nothing.
The card arrived and scored poorly on 3DMarks. It came with a utility
that allowed for overclocking. The utility showed the untouched card as
having a core/memory speed of 300/400. 3DMarks showed it at being 57/100.
So, not only does Gainward market their card with a deceiving name, but

they
also artificially inlflate the specs on the card. That's probably why I
couldn't find any specs on their site.
I sent the card back and I am buying a Chainteck FX5600 Ultra card.

All
I can say is stay away from Gainward! I will never buy another one of

their
products.

http://www.guru3d.com/article.php?cat=Videocards&id=54

---