Old April 24th 04, 10:54 PM
John

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:20:11 GMT, "Homie" wrote:

Bottom posting corrected (most people start reading at the top of a page, it aint 1987
anymore, welcome to the 21st century).
" Intel is so far behind AMD these days "
Where do people come up with such bull****?
AMD just discovered thermal protection, (Intel has been doing it for years)
AMD cores are made of delicate material that cracks & destroys the core with the
slightest pressure imbalance. (Intel cores are hard to crack, never the less Intel
CPU's will continue to function with cracks in the material)
Intel will RMA a defective CPU for 3 years without problem, I have a stack of 18 AMD
CPU's that are dead, AMD won't do a ****ing thing about it because I don't have the
receipts... I guess AMD doesn't consider the date code as anything important.?
Just try and get AMD factory support on their "Mobile CPU's" ...... I won't tell you
what happens, just call AMD and say you have a Mobile /Laptop CPU and need support...
Then post back here and tell us how great AMD is

Homie

Well... FWIW recently I did have reason to email AMD regarding a retail 64bit
cpu on which I managed to break off the plastic locking arm. The 64bit cpu's
now use a locking arm which uses a cam action to apply the pressure which makes
it easier to insert the cpu/heatsink assy.... however the small plastic arm
which holds the locking arm in the locked position is a little fragile... or I
should say was! I notice on the replacement (in fact they sent me 2 for some
reason) the plastic arm is now slightly thicker so maybe they have had a few of
these break off.

The point is... AMD responded quickly... I don't have any complaints.

Regards

John