Old April 21st 04, 05:39 PM

Default 7IXE4 m/b - No Memory total shown on Bootup Screen

I have XP Pro installed on a Gigabyte 7IXE4 1.1 M/B.

This has 2 sticks of NV Ram memory of 256 Mbts each. Until recently ,
on each Bootup , I got the screen showing a total of 512 Mbts of
memory after the message " Checking NV Ram "

Several weeks ago I noticed that , occasionally , on Bootup there was
a blank after the phrase " Checking NV Ram " and the frequency of this
failure to report the total Ram has increased until now it only
occasionally shows the total Ram installed .

This omission has had no noticeable effct on the PC's performance.

Can anyone explain why this may be happening ?

B.N.

--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"