Old March 4th 05, 11:15 PM
Chuck

BillL wrote:
"Richard Dower" wrote in message

"pixel" wrote in message

yep we tried that - there are no options in the bios to set scsi or sata
which is a requirement for sata bootup, so it cannot be user error. if
you've never done a sata install on a single disk with this motherboard
then what the **** would you know?

Then stop bitching and buy a second SATA drive and RAID them.

Because it should be easy to set up a single SATA HDD non-raid system (not
sure the expletive was necessary though)?

FWIW I have a similar setup with one Maxtor SATA HDD as the primary boot
drive and do have problems where it sometimes isn't detected during a warm
reboot (I've emailed Gigabyte's tech support but I don't know if they really
exist - no reply to my query). The problem never occurs during a cold start
up.

It maybe that you've just got a broken mobo - though I'd be interested in
how many people have the same or similar problems with the GA-K8NXP.

BillL

I have a Wd digital Raptor as a single drive on the Nforce Sata and had
or have no problems booting up with the drive.I disabled raid features
and installed WindowsXP. Ihave a DVD Burner on IDE1, Raptor IDE5 and a
Maxtor Ultra 300gb on IDE7 or 8 not sure. ALthough I do have occasional
problems with a warm reboot detecting the second hard drive. I am
running with F1 bios.
Chuck