Old March 3rd 05, 01:06 PM
Richard Dower

"pixel" wrote in message
because you have two sata drives you can use the raid option, and the raid
bios does let you boot from a raid set. unfortunately it won't work with a
single sata drive which can't be striped, the only option for us was a
single drive jbod raid which kept crashing.

still we shouldn't need raid config just to select 'sata' in the bios,
even my 18 month old Pheonix BIOS / VIA K8X800 can boot from a single sata
drive fine.

I'm sure this is pure user error, not setting the bios correctly. First of
all i would disable the IDE/SATA RAID option, and also disable any IDE RAID
options that are set to enable. I'd disable everything else possible you are
not going to use, then i'd have my floppy ready and load both drivers during
F6, though the RAID Class Controller should not be needed.