Old March 3rd 05, 10:50 AM
pixel

Richard Dower wrote:
"pixel" wrote in message
so like i can't understand how a manufacturer could be so incompetent. do
they really not have a clue about components which go on their own
product..? if if a component is from a 3rd party gigabyte is still totally
responsible for testing to see that the said component doesn't render the
features on their motherboard useless.

Don't understand this, i have the nForce 4 Ultra board K8NXP-9 and it boots
fine. I have two 74GB Raptors running in RAID 0, boots fine, works fine, i
just have a floppy ready with the nForce 6.39 drivers and load both of them.

because you have two sata drives you can use the raid option, and the
raid bios does let you boot from a raid set. unfortunately it won't work
with a single sata drive which can't be striped, the only option for us
was a single drive jbod raid which kept crashing.

still we shouldn't need raid config just to select 'sata' in the bios,
even my 18 month old Pheonix BIOS / VIA K8X800 can boot from a single
sata drive fine.