Old March 3rd 05, 10:29 AM
Richard Dower

"pixel" wrote in message
will gigabyte be upgrading the bios on this mobo soon so it can boot to
sata...? i've posted this question a while ago but no-one really had a
clue on the subject.

basically windowsXP install can see sata disks but there's no way with the
bios on this board to select sata or scsi as a boot option, so windows can
never boot regardless of whether it installs or not.

the only option in the bios for hard disk boot order is "bootable add-in
cards". we managed to get scsi showing up in the boot order but that was
in jbod single-raid mode and would blue-screen every windows install.

so like i can't understand how a manufacturer could be so incompetent. do
they really not have a clue about components which go on their own
product..? if if a component is from a 3rd party gigabyte is still totally
responsible for testing to see that the said component doesn't render the
features on their motherboard useless.

Don't understand this, i have the nForce 4 Ultra board K8NXP-9 and it boots
fine. I have two 74GB Raptors running in RAID 0, boots fine, works fine, i
just have a floppy ready with the nForce 6.39 drivers and load both of them.

It works, every single time, i have F4 bios.