Old July 19th 03, 11:49 AM
Darmok

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 07:55:22 GMT, wrote:

Hello,

Has anyone else noticed a problem with the onboard "Intel
Pro/1000 CT Desktop" ethernet controller only detecting a 10 MB
network, even if you're on a 100 MB network? This problem is driving
me insane. I've already tried flashing the BIOS and updating the
drivers, and the problem persists. Their stupid software thinks
there's a bad wire or something, and I tested all 8 wires myself, and
they're fine. I even tested it with multiple patch cords.

Thanks

Enet detect speeds are based on the quality of the data ... if the LAN
set is getting errors, it will keep dropping back until an acceptable
data exchange level is reached. Could be totally in your mb LAN
hardware, and nothing to do with your LAN. Have there been driver
updates for that? Might be worth a check.

The LAN on my GA-8IK1100 (basically same board as yours) can't be
used, as it and my ATI Radeon 9700 AIW don't seem to like one another.
My solution was just to stick a NIC in the system, and leave it at
that.

Good luck