Old January 10th 04, 03:41 AM
Tim

My power supply had one of the voltages higher than it was suppose to
be. While the machine would boot, it had problems with constant
crashing. Check the voltages and make sure each is within the +/-
parameters for each voltage.

Jason Ash wrote:
"ray hartman" waxed eloquent in
newsan.2004.01.08.21.05.49.413057@SPAMBEGONEqwes t.net:

snip

Just recently I went through a similar problem. Bought a new GA-7N400
Pro 2, put in my existing XP2400+, etc. Got Win2K Pro loaded up on the
RAID array, then shut down to connect my data drive to the IDE
controller.

Put the power cord back in my power supply, tried to turn it back on,
nothing. No POST beeps, nothing. Only thing that happened when pushing
the power button was the fans in the system would briefly spin up, then
quit. Pulled everything out, tried it in my wifes PC, CPU, RAM, video,
all good. Figured the board died.

Took the board back to the store I got it from (only paid about $10 more
than Newegg), they only exchange. They took the board in back to test.
Came back a few minutes later, the board was working!?!? Even took me
back to show me.

Took it home, set it on the static bag, put in the CPU, video, ram, and
connected up the power supply. Same problem. Hooked it up to the PS in
my wifes box, powered right up.

Power supply that failed? An Antec TruePower 550. Luckily I tracked
down the reciept, and Antec offers a 3 year warranty, so I shipped it
back to them. Right now I'm using the 350w PS from my wifes PC.

Seriously peeved me off too.

Jason A.