Old August 9th 04, 05:38 PM
JK

Upgrading to an Athlon 64 and a new motherboard for it might
help quite a bit.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...spx?i=2149&p=7

Of course upgrading to a 6800 Ultra or 6800 GT video card will also
help quite a bit.

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQyLDM=

ed wrote:

I have an A7V333 mobo , athlon xp 3000 (maximum cpu for the board) with
gforce 5900, 512meg of ddr 2700 memory,
Will an upgrade to an nvidia mobo such as Abit AN7 Guru nForce2 Ultra,
10/100 LAN, USB 2.0, 1394, 6Ch Audio, SATA, Raid
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...roductID=87815 or the
Abit NF7-S2G nForce2 Ultra, Gbit Lan, USB 2.0, 1394, 6Ch Audio, SATA, Raid
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=127220
have any improvement on my system speed. in particular 3d shootem ups and
specifically doom3.
I am aware that another 512 of memory will help speed things up.
TIA if this is off topic please be kind and piont me in the write direction
for advice.