Old December 13th 03, 06:36 PM
Ben Pope

John D wrote:
How can I install the nvidia unified drivers without the display
driver as I want to keep the asus 56.16 driver version?

Audio driver 3.66 (WHQL)
Audio utilities 3.66
Ethernet driver 3.63 (WHQL)
GART driver 3.34 (WHQL)
Memory controller driver 3.38 (WHQL)
SMBus driver 3.38 (WHQL)
IDE In-the-box driver 3.58 (WHQL)
IDE 2.0 NVIDIA driver 3.66 (WHQL)
Display driver 52.16 (WHQL)
Installer 3.77

Personally I'd just iunstall the package normally then reinstall the 56.16
video driver IF the one in the package installs over the top of the newer
version.

The other option (not really recommended unless you know what you're doing)
is to update the drivers manually, by extracting them from the archive. If
you do want to go this route, be sure to show hidden devices in device
manager as not all of the devices that need updating are visible otherwise
(one of the audio devices comes to mind).

Ben