Old October 6th 04, 02:07 AM
Johnny Asia

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 20:19:30 GMT, Leythos wrote:

Actually W2000 works fine with HT, and it's completely stable.

Did you install from scratch?

Yes, but I'm going to reinstall. Got any tips? I'd be glad to
get some advice. I've been building AMD systems, this
is my first P4 system. I switched because I read the Intel
chips were better for audio, and the new P4's.

I read conflicting reports about enabling/disabling HT,
and ACPI. I'm going to add 24 bit pro audio card
and another hard drive for recording.

I have an Apollo Geforce 4 64MB video card I can use,
but I don't game or watch DVD's, the old Radeon LE
works fine. I have read about conflicts with ATI cards

my system:

Windows 2000 Professional w/ service pack 4
ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE mainboard
P4 2.8EGHz
1GB Geil Dual Channel PC3200
Thermaltake 420 watt psu
WD 80 GB IDE hard drive
ATI 7200 LE 32MB video card
Liteon 52X CD-ROM
Liteon 52X CD-RW
+

Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
http://johnnyasia.info

"When a man describes himself as a "guitarist from
the future" the warning bells go off,
.... But Johnny Asia really sounds like he's doing
something new. .....Check the mans' music out
and hear something different."
- Nick Dedina, Staff Writer, Listen.com