Old November 24th 06, 08:51 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
news.hickorytech.net

Default Armada 7800 Boot Issues

I am having a boot problem with an old Armada 7800:

1. When I boot, I get the following message: "Non-System disk or
disk error. Replace and strike any key when ready." If I just hit the
Enter key, the system boots normally. But, I can only boot from the hard
drive. I cannot boot from any other location. Just the hard drive. After
I've booted, the system recognizes the floppy and the CD. But, during the
boot process, only the hard drive is recognized.

2. If I try to load the diagnostic partition (i.e., F10 during
the boot process), I get the following message: "NTLDR is missing. Press
any key to restart."

3. If I try to reset the CMOS (i.e., repeatedly pressing Fn-F11
during the power-up process), I get the "162-System Options Not Set"
message. I press F1 to reset the configuration, but nothing changes. I
still experience the symptoms as described in item #1.

If I could boot from the floppy drive, I could rebuild the diagnostic
partition. But, I can only boot from the hard drive.